This coded prototype is an interactive web application geared toward creating a personalized experience for collectors of Amy Kahn Russell jewelry using HTML, CSS and interactive components featuring PHP and a MySQL database. A front-end and back-end admin area were developed with the use of templates, includes, custom scripting and database access.
The main interactive elements for the project are:
1. user registration/login/log out/manage account
2. add items to/edit/share a wish list
3. add comments or “stories” about users’ jewelry collections (back-end: edit/delete/approve)
4. subscribe to a newsletter
5. contact the artist through a contact form/mailer
6. gemstone resource links (back-end: add category, add link, delete entries)